Hutchinson Island Marriott Beach Resort and Marina
We have a great opportunity for you to further your career at the Hutchinson Island Marriott Resort and Marina. Our resort is a 274 room resort hotel on 110+ acres that includes two guest towers, three Food and Beverage outlets and an 18 hole golf course. Our resort is designed as a destination getaway for corporate retreats, annual meetings and destination weddings to name a few.
We are currently hiring a Banquet Manager who will be responsible for overseeing the daily activities of the Banquets/ Event Department. This position reports directly to the Director of Food and Beverage and works closely with the Sales and Catering team to provide outstanding events for our guests
- Will assist in ensuring the highest level of service by hiring, training, managing, developing staff, and service remains consistent with company standards.
- Working with other departments for successful event execution and acting as a department liaison within the hotel.
- Will maintain a balance between floor supervision, administration and communication with group contacts.
- Will ensure all billing is accurate.
- Create weekly schedule and control labor within goals.
- Will assist in managing associate’s hours.
- Meeting face-to-face with event clients in order to better understand their needs before and during the event.
- Teaching and reinforcing proper hotel policy within the department.
- Completing the daily final report, including the closure of the day’s checks.
- Maintaining a bank for use in event cash bars.
- Bi Weekly BEO meeting review and variety other responsibilities related to running a large and busy events department.
- Maintaining a safe and clean event environment for guests and staff.
- Monthly inventory of all linens, china and glassware.
- Responsible for meeting room set up
- Responsible for set up and direction of all in house and associate events.
- Flexibility and adaptability to effectively handle stress and adapt in a fast-paced, frequently-changing environment.
- Ability to effectively respond to questions from managers, clients, customers, and the general public.
- Must be able to work indoors and outdoors.
- Must be able to walk and stand for extended hours.
- Must be able to lift between 15 and 20 lbs. occasionally
- 2-4 years of management experience required.
- Must have excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Proficient in or able to learn the proper use of hotel software (CI/TY, ADP, and Microsoft Office).
- Must meet the demands of a fast paced environment with the ability to multi-task.
- Must be able resolve problems with internal and external customers.
- Must project a professional appearance.
We offer competitive salary, medical & life insurance, short term disability, long term disability, 401K, dental and travel benefits. Send resume with salary history to or apply in person (no phone calls please):
Hutchinson Island Marriott Beach Resort
Attn: General Manager
555 NE Ocean Boulevard
Stuart, FL 34996
FAX 772 225 3948