Catering Sales Manager
Hilton Woodcliff Lake
Woodcliff Lake, NJ
Columbia Sussex Management LLC is currently seeking an experienced and energetic individual for the position of Catering Sale Manager for our 338 Room hotel the Hilton Woodcliff Lake in Woodcliff Lake, New Jersey.
The Assistant Banquet Manager’s main duties are to directly supervise the Banquet Servers, Housemen and Bartenders to ensure the proper set-up, process and tear-down of the event as specified in the BEO.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Attend and assist in all designated pre-meal meetings.
- Ensure that communication is constantly maintained between the Banquet Chef, the Catering Manager and the client before and during the event.
- Inspects staff uniforms and grooming to ensure adherence to the hotel standards.
- Ensures that all staff assigned to the event are signed in (clocked in) and out on the at their schedule times. Report any absences or significant tardiness.
- Assist in compiling check from the BEO at the conclusion of the event, ensuring that the correct numbers of items/number of persons are charged for and that the check is presented and signed by the client and posted to the master account.
- On a continuous basis, keep service corridors, pre-function space and storage areas clean, organized and unobstructed.
- Assign all Banquet side-work and ensure proper completion.
- Maintain visible floor presence and attend to all the needs of the guests during functions and function related duties.
- Upon Arrival:
- Pick up walkie-talkie and ear piece.
- Check that each event space is set according to the BEOs and Floor Plans and rectify any discrepancies.
- Walk every area of the scheduled event space and related public space. Check temperature, cleanliness, lighting (missing bulbs etc.) and rectify any issues. Ensure that the venue is prepared in every way to receive the client and their guests. Contact other departments if need to resolve any issues.
- Supervise and assist with the proper set up of food and beverage. This may include laying table linen, setting china and silverware, filling water pitchers and brewing coffee, filling salt & pepper shakers, sugar bowls, rolls, butter and salad dressings, buffet set up and décor, ensure all equipment and utensils are in place and that layout is attractive. Understand and inform staff on procedure for addressing special dietary needs.
- Greet client (by name if possible) when they arrive. Introduce yourself and explain that yu will be available to address their needs. Double check the schedule with them and address any special needs.
- If appropriate, hold pre-shift meeting in place of Banquet manager.
- During the meal, ensure all staff follow proper procedures including serving the meal to the left of the guest and clearing the meal to the right of the guest. Should also be able to provide information about the meal they are serving if the guest requests it.
- Coordinate breaks for assigned employees.
- After the meal, responsible for clearing dishes and preparing them for the Banquet Stewards, stripped the tables and storing the items as needed. Ensure all closing duties are complete before staff sign out.
- Report equipment problems, maintenance issues or inventory shortages.
- Responsible for keeping assigned work area clean and sanitary by walking the assigned banquet area. Also directly responsible for the cleanliness and repair of the service equipment and storeroom.
- Completes the Banquet recap following the conclusion of the event and forwards to the designated parties.
- Assists in maintaining standards of health, safety, and sanitation.
- Provide feedback on staff performance including positive and negative response. Participate in employee counseling if appropriate.
- Participates as a team member with Banquet Servers, Housemen, Bartenders, Bar-backs, and any pertinent company employees in producing a smoothly and efficiently run operation that meets the highest standards of customer service.
- Responsible for maintaining a consistent and regular attendance record.
- Assist in other duties and projects as assigned.
- Knowledge of correct maintenance and use of equipment.
- Directly supervises all Banquet staff.
Carries out supervisory responsibilities in accordance with the organization’s policies and applicable laws. Responsibilities include assisting the Banquet Supervisor and Manager with interviewing, hiring, and training employees; planning, assigning, and directing work; appraising performance; rewarding and disciplining employees; addressing complaints and resolving problems.
We offer competitive salary, medical, dental, and life insurance, Short Term and Long Term Disability, 401(k), and travel benefits. Send resume with salary history to or apply in person (no phone calls please)
Hilton Woodcliff Lake
200 Tice Boulevard
Woodcliff Lake, NJ 07677
FAX 201 391 4572