Corporate Group Sales Manager
The Melville Marriott is currently looking for a dynamic Group Sales manager to complement our existing team.
Our Newly renovated 371 room hotel boasts over 18,500 square feet of flexible meeting space, restaurants, concierge lounge and full pool & fitness facility. Our new team member will have the drive for proactive selling, solicitation along with building / maintaining relationships. Candidates will be utilizing systems of CI-TY, C-vent, Hotel Planner, and Microsoft Office/Excel. Previous hotel sales experience required, Marriott experience a plus.
- Develop & maintain the following segments: group markets including Education, Fraternal Pharmaceutical, Association and Religious, through proposals, phone calls, outside calls and site inspections (experience in the above markets is preferred for this position)
- Move throughout property to conduct site inspections. Maximize revenue by selling all facets of the hotel, both orally and in written form to previous, current and potential clients.
- Handle account details so that all pertinent aspects of solicitation and closing are complete and documented. Coordinate various departments’ participation in servicing accounts.
- Develop and conduct persuasive verbal sales presentations to prospective clients.
- Travel to conduct outside calls, promote the hotel and review competition.
- Represent hotel at trade shows.
- Candidates with Hotel Sales experience and with proven track record of booking business.
- Strong background in selling hotel rooms, F&B, Catering, Meeting Rooms, and thorough knowledge of sales techniques.
- Ability to maintain consistent verbal and written communication with clients.
- Must be able to work effectively with operations and sales team.
- Strong working knowledge of Microsoft Word and Excel.
Please email resume to email@example.com.