Director of Group Sales
Hyatt Regency Indianapolis
Beautifully designed and refined, Hyatt Regency is a contemporary downtown Indianapolis hotel conveniently connected to the Convention Center and just steps from Lucas Oil Stadium. The modern amenities at our hotel blend effortlessly with classic design elements, creating a comfortable oasis in the heart of one of the Midwest’s most exciting cities with many exciting attractions nearby.
The Director of Group Sales will work tactically within the scope of direction from the Director of Sales and is responsible for the revenue generation of Group, Catering, and Banquets. This highly motivated individual will promote and develop new group business while maintaining existing client relationships for enhanced production. Priority will be given to candidates with strong experience in Group Market.
- Manage a team of Sales managers and will be responsible for increasing current occupancy and rate, as well as group catering revenues, beyond current and historic levels.
- The position will ensure that the property’s performance against the comp set demonstrates continued growth in market share and Rev Par Index. Local leads and inquiries will be responded to promptly with creativity and market awareness to ensure the share of mid-week business remains balanced and productive.
- The Director of Group Sales is also responsible for guiding and supporting the catering team in significantly expanding catering revenues and functions, developing (with the DOS) sales strategies to maximize revenues, assisting with the preparation, implementation and compilation of data for the strategic sales plan, and other reports as required.
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience.
- Minimum 2 years hotel sales experience.
- Strong understanding of negotiation and interpretation of contracts.
- Business communication skills written and verbal.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office and Outlook.
- Present a professional appearance and confidence.
- Ability to execute a Sales and Marketing Plan to enhance revenue.
- Conflict management skills.
- Time management skills.
- Ability to direct, motivate, and communicate effectively with sales department and public to meet and exceed goals.
- Confident and professional appearance.
- Read, write, and speak English fluently.
Experience: Preferably 3-5 Years Progressive Hospitality Sales Experience
No. of employees supervised: 10-15 employees
Travel required: 2-3 times a year to assigned territory.
Hours Required: 40-50 hours over a five day period.
We offer competitive salary, medical, dental, and life insurance, short term and long term disability, 401(k), and travel benefits. Apply in person (no phone calls please):
Hyatt Regency Indianapolis
Attn: General Manager
One South Capital Avenue
Indianapolis, IN 46204
FAX 317 616 6119