Event Sales Manager
Hyatt Regency Indianapolis
Beautifully designed and refined, Hyatt Regency is a contemporary downtown Indianapolis hotel conveniently connected to the Convention Center and just steps from Lucas Oil Stadium. The modern amenities at our hotel blend effortlessly with classic design elements, creating a comfortable oasis in the heart of one of the Midwest’s most exciting cities with many exciting attractions nearby.
The Event Sales Manager is responsible for effectively communicating with the various departments to ensure that the meeting and related functions are executed for the clients.
- Responsible for re-booking group and applicable catering business through building strong, professional customer relationships and providing consistent outstanding customer service.
- Maintains well-documented, accurate, organized and up-to-date file management in order to serve client and employer in the most expedient, organized and knowledgeable manner.
- Develops customer profiles and maintains an effective trace system including trace dates and references, in order to best meet client needs, resulting in superior account service and increased revenues.
- Develops strong customer relationships through appropriate client communication and the use of professional, courteous and ethical interpersonal interaction.
- Promptly follows-up on all customer needs and inquires in an efficient and expedient manner.
- Represents themselves and the hotel with the highest level of integrity and professionalism, a service -focused approach and a caring, sincere attitude at all times.
- Exhibits a positive and involved team attitude to all hotel departments and maintains open communication with all coworkers for the best overall performance of the hotel.
- Displays a neat, clean and professional appearance at all times.
- Requires knowledge of general sales techniques.
- Requires highly developed customer service skills.
- Requires ability to hear, speak, read and write English fluently.
- Requires effective verbal communication and business writing skills.
- Must have dexterity/mobility to meet clients on and off premises, to tour property and attend functions, to climb stairs, use door keys and operate basic office equipment.
- Bachelors degree preferred
- 2 years of Social Event Planning.
- 2 years of food and beverage experience.
- Excellent organization skills with attention to detail
- Good up-selling skills
- Able to execute a sales and marketing plan to enhance revenue
- A positive and winning attitude is a must!
- Read, write and speak English fluently
- Understanding knowledge of computers.
- Be able to work most weekends.
We offer competitive salary, medical, dental, and life insurance, short term and long term disability, 401(k), and travel benefits. Apply on www.indeed.com or in person (no phone calls please):
Hyatt Regency Indianapolis
1 S. Capitol Ave.
Indianapolis, IN 46204