POSITION PURPOSE Daily supervision and direction of outlet service and banquet department when needed. Assist in the development, implementation and maintenance of quality standards for outlets and banquet operations. Interact with guests to ensure a positive guest experience.
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS AVERAGE % OF TIME
• 85% Ensure that meals are being served in a professional and timely manner by circulating within the outlet and communicating with the kitchen and the order takers. Handle guest complaints. Monitor and supervise set up and maintenance of room service area to ensure that it is up to standard.
• 5% Ensure availability of manpower, supplies, and equipment to ensure positive guest experience. Assist in hiring, scheduling, supervision and control of cashiers, supervisors, greeters, servers and bus attendants.
• 5% Attend pre-meal meetings and conduct ongoing training of employees to ensure that employees continue to improve their performance.
• 5% Assist in the completion of reports on production and necessary requisitions. Assist in regulation of distribution of necessary supplies.
• SUPPORTIVE FUNCTIONS In addition to performance of the essential functions, this position may be required to perform a combination of the following supportive functions, with the percentage of time performing each function to be solely determined by the manager based upon the particular requirements of the hotel.
• Provide direct service to guests as needed, including, but not limited to, serving tables, bussing tables, seating guests and general clerical/cashier duties.
QUALIFICATION STANDARDS Education High school or equivalent education required. Experience Minimum two years food and beverage service background required. Licenses or Certificates Not Applicable. This job description is not an exclusive or exhaustive list of all job functions that an employee in this position may be asked to perform from time to time.
Regular attendance in conformance with the standards, which may be established from time to time, is essential to the successful performance of this position. employees with irregular attendance will be subject to disciplinary action, up to and including termination of employment. Due to the cyclical nature of the hospitality industry, employees may be required to work varying schedules to reflect the business needs of the hotel. In addition, attendance at all scheduled training sessions and meetings is required. Upon employment, all employees are required to fully comply with company rules and regulations for the safe and effective operation of the hotel’s facilities.
We offer competitive salary, medical and life insurance, Short Term disability, Long Term disability, 401(k), Dental and travel benefits. Send resume with salary history to or apply in person (no phone calls please):
JW Marriott Santa Monica Le Merigot
Attn: General Manager
1740 Ocean Avenue
Santa Monica, CA 90401
FAX 310 395 9200