Social Sales Manager
Hilton Woodcliff Lake
Woodcliff Lake, NJ
The Hilton Woodcliff Lake is seeking an outgoing, creative and ambitious Social Sales Manager to complement our Sales Team. This position will be responsible for the Social (SMERF) market. The ideal candidate will positively impact hotel revenues and achieve goals by effectively soliciting, qualifying, negotiating, closing and maintain business within the SMERF market.
The Social Sales Manager is responsible for soliciting and servicing business in the hotel in accordance with the sales’ marketing plan and assigned market segments while generating a high profile and professional reputation in the local sales market. A successful candidate will be able to independently seek new business.
- Meet or exceed budgeted revenue goals on a monthly, quarterly and annual basis.
- Analyze and estimate total value of each piece of business and negotiate the best situation for achieving optimum revenue for the hotel while ensuring excellent customer service
- Cultivate existing accounts into repeat business and revenue streams
- Develop and maintain a comprehensive Target List of potential new accounts for the entire sales team; use creativity and innovation to find ideal customers that fit the hotel’s unique culture
- Develop new accounts with active prospecting, marketing and social media networking and targeted Sales Calls to accounts most probable to book with hotel
- Develop powerful customer relationship with appropriately frequent and reliable communication; Follow up on all Sales leads in timely, courteous and professional manner
- Ensure accuracy for forecasting of revenues with most updated information
- Follow up on progress of groups booked, such as room night pick up, rooming lists, cut off dates, etc. to ensure maximum occupancy
- Work closely with Operations and Revenue Team to ensure flawless execution of group stays
- Assess Industry and competitor trends (pricing, packaging and services) on a consistent basis and provide feedback to Hotel Leadership
- Professionally represent the hotel in community and industry organizations, promotions and events to solicit new business and maintain hotel presence in the regional and local sales market.
- Participate in department and hotel functions, being a team player and providing constructive feedback for the betterment of the department or hotel.
- Be familiar and knowledgeable with operating procedures of all other areas of the hotel, cooperating fully and in a friendly manner to ensure customer satisfaction.
- Delphi experience a plus.
- Hilton OnQ experience a plus.
- Minimum 2-3 years hotel sales experience, preferably as sales manager
- Must be proficient in Word, Excel and Powerpoint
- Experience with Hilton OnQ and Delphi a plus
- Bachelor’s degree preferred or equivalent combination of education and experience
- Knowledge of local sales market preferred
- Ability to multitask and work well under pressure
We offer competitive salary, medical, dental, and life insurance. Short term and Long term disability, 401(k), and travel benefits. Send resume with salary history to or apply in person (no phone calls please) :
Hilton Woodcliff Lake
Attn: General Manager
200 Tice Boulevard
Woodcliff Lake, NJ 07677
FAX 201 391 4286