Le Merigot / JW Marriott
Santa Monica, CA
JW Marriott Santa Monica Le Merigot Spa & Fitness Director
Job Summary Duties
Including but not limited to:
- Schedule and conduct departmental meetings.
- Provide constructive feedback to staff to promote a positive work environment.
- Attend all department head meetings and provide reports on budgets, labor, business development, training, promotional activity and inter-departmental issues.
- Conduct daily walk-throughs and inspection of the spa, fitness center, retail areas. Document any items to be addressed on the day and ensure they are resolved.
- Observe all departmental safety procedures and protocols.
- Review all upcoming appointments and treatments ensuring that yield management techniques are applied to scheduling and booking appointments.
- Process and submit all department payroll including hourly, commission split and sales commission on a weekly and bi-weekly basis
Financial and Revenue Responsibilities
- Establish and monitor department sales budgets and forecasts,
- Present and review performance numbers to the General Manager on an ongoing basis
- Establish payroll budgets and labor forecasts.
- Establish and maintain retail targets as a percentage of revenues. Monitor and maintain labor expectations in keeping with forecasted payroll budgets.
- Resolve posting discrepancies with the accounting department.
- Complete and submit all end of month reports in accordance to company protocols.
- Account for all departmental revenue and via monthly purchase log to be reconciled with monthly departmental and hotel Profit and Loss Report.
Training and Human Resources
- Conduct interviews for all spa applicants; proactively recruit new talent and resources.
- Conduct disciplinary procedures when necessary, ensuring all paper work is completed on time and accurately.
- Conduct training for the staff in accordance current Spa Standard of Practice Manuals.
- Ensure that the standards of all services performed are as set in the spa training manual, and are conducted as per the standard operating procedures.
- Attend training sessions whenever required to regularly deliver updated knowledge of the industry to the team.
- Implement effective follow up measures to ensure efficiency and optimal staff performance.
- Maintain supervisor and line-employee development programs that encourage continuing education, internal promotions and professional development.
- provide regularly scheduled training classes for all relevant personnel. Ensure continuous education is recorded and monitored.
- Train all staff on retail vendors, products and unique selling points. § Reinforcing product knowledge or selling skills through additional contacts with product manufacturers.
Guest Service Responsibilities
- Practice professionalism in every situation with management, guests and employees, treating each person with respect and integrity.
- Maintain positive guest relations at all times, including in-house guests, day guests, and telephone enquiries.
- Maintain the confidentiality policy for all spa guests and employees.
- Receive and respond to all guest concerns, comments or complaints with discretion and urgency.
- Adhere to and implement all Company and Brand Standards in all aspects of Department operations.
Job Summary Requirements
- Spa Management or Supervisory experience of 2 years or more required
- Spa Management Certificate preferred
- Valid California Esthetician, Cosmetology or Massage Therapy license preferred
- Current knowledge of Spa industry practices, law and regulation required.
- Open and flexible schedule required, ability to work mornings, nights, weekends and holidays required
We offer competitive salary, medical and life insurance, Long Term disability, 401(k), Dental and travel benefits. Send resume with salary history to or apply in person (no phone calls please):
JW Marriott Santa Monica Le Merigot
Attn: General Manager
1740 Ocean Avenue
Santa Monica, CA 90401
FAX 310 395 9200