Catering Sales and Events Manager
Hyatt Regency Indianapolis
Beautifully designed and refined, Hyatt Regency is a contemporary downtown Indianapolis hotel conveniently connected to the Convention Center and just steps from Lucas Oil Stadium. The modern amenities at our hotel blend effortlessly with classic design elements, creating a comfortable oasis in the heart of one of the Midwest’s most exciting cities with many exciting attractions nearby.
The Catering Sales & Events Manager is responsible for effectively communicating with the various departments to ensure that the meeting and related functions are executed for the clients.
- Responsible for planning all details from start to finish with group & catering business through building strong, professional customer relationships and providing consistent outstanding customer service
- Responsible for re-booking group and applicable catering business through building strong, professional customer relationships and providing consistent outstanding customer service.
- Maintains well-documented, accurate, organized and up-to-date file management in order to serve client and employer in the most expedient, organized and knowledgeable manner.
- Plan, implement and oversee assigned conferences, events, and hotel room blocks
- Supervise contracted group room blocks for cutoffs and attrition
- Conduct Planning Meetings, Site Inspections, and Pre/Post-Conference meetings in order to ensure outstanding execution of client events and details; follow up for feedback from events
- Engage in site visits and plan meetings for upcoming group and potential affiliate business
- Develops customer profiles and maintains an effective trace system including trace dates and references, in order to best meet client needs, resulting in superior account service and increased revenues.
- Develops strong customer relationships through appropriate client communication and the use of professional, courteous and ethical interpersonal interaction.
- Promptly follows-up on all customer needs and inquires in an efficient and expedient manner.
- Represents themselves and the hotel with the highest level of integrity and professionalism, a service -focused approach and a caring, sincere attitude at all times.
- Exhibits a positive and involved team attitude to all hotel departments and maintains open communication with all coworkers for the best overall performance of the hotel.
- Displays a neat, clean and professional appearance at all times.
- Requires knowledge of general sales techniques.
- Requires highly developed customer service skills.
- Requires ability to hear, speak, read and write English fluently.
- Requires effective verbal communication and business writing skills.
- Must have dexterity/mobility to meet clients on and off premises, to tour property and attend functions, to climb stairs, use door keys and operate basic office equipment.
- 2 years of Social Event Planning preferred.
- 2 years of food and beverage experience preferred.
- Excellent organization skills with attention to detail.
- Good up-selling skills.
- Able to execute a sales and marketing plan to enhance revenue
- A positive and winning attitude is a must!
- Understanding knowledge of computers.
- Be able to on weekends as needed.
We offer competitive salary, medical, dental, and life insurance, short term and long term disability, accident insurance and critical illness, 401(k), and travel benefits. Please send resume to Cindy McCullough at email@example.com.
Hyatt Regency Indianapolis
1 S. Capitol Ave.
Indianapolis, IN 46204