Columbia Sussex Management is currently seeking an individual for the position of Director of Catering at our Marriott Indianapolis North Hotel located in Indianapolis, Indiana.
Director of Catering
The Marriott Indianapolis is a 4-star hotel located in the upscale Keystone shopping area with gorgeous lake views and newly updated spaces and rooms. We have over 25,000 sq ft of beautiful meeting space and 315 beautifully appointed guest rooms.
The Director of Catering will work closely with the Director of Sales to manage the sales and catering team and ensure clients are receiving excellent customer service and the hotel is generating revenue in all areas. The Director of Catering will help implement strategies to increase revenue and support the team by training and providing the tools needed to succeed.
– Create contracts, BEOs, diagrams, resumes and present information clearly to the Banquet and F&B team.
– Communicate with the Director of Sales on all upcoming events and discuss future events and leads that are received.
– Oversee events and work weekends when necessary to ensure client satisfaction and success.
– Hire and train new Catering staff.
– Perform weekly and monthly catering related reports.
– Lead weekly BEO meetings with the team and thoroughly explain client needs and expectations to the Banquet and F&B Department.
– More job responsibilities are required, please ask if you have any questions!
– Bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience
– At least 3 years of Catering Sales experience
– Effective communicator both verbally and in written form
– Proven statistical and analytical skills
– Ability to work both independently and cross-functionally to achieve goals
– Must thrive and multi-task in a fast-paced environment
– Be able to lead team and work together with other Directors
At the Marriott North we work hard and always accomplish our goals as a team and enjoy having fun! If you have hotel catering experience and looking for a new challenge at a great property apply today to find out more!
We offer competitive salary, medical, dental, and life insurance, short term and long term disability, accident insurance and critical illness, 401(k), and travel benefits. Send resume with salary history (no phone calls please):
Marriott Indianapolis North Hotel
Attn: General Manager
3645 River Crossing Parkway
Indianapolis, Indiana 46240