DIRECTOR OF ENGINEERING
Hilton Clearwater Beach Resort and Spa
Clearwater Beach, FL
Director of Engineering
Position Purpose: Oversees the upkeep, rehabilitation, and maintenance of the entire hotel facility, including the physical building structure, all mechanical, electrical, HVAC systems, and related equipment in accordance with energy conservation and preventative maintenance programs.
- Conducts walk-throughs to visually and physically assess the safe and efficient maintenance and operation of the physical structure of the hotel, all mechanical, electrical, HVAC systems, and any other related equipment.
- Assigns and verifies completion of all routine maintenance on public spaces, meeting rooms, ballrooms, outlets, back of the house spaces and grounds. Assigns and verifies completion of all repairs, replacement, renovation projects to public and back of house areas.
- Hires, trains, supervises, allocates personnel, communicates departmental/individual job goals and criteria of job performance, appraises, and if necessary disciplines department staff and all other staff under the direction of Property Operations, such as Maintenance Engineers and Pool Groundskeepers, etc.
- Informs General Manager and hotel department heads, on a regular basis, regarding the specific and overall condition of the building structure(s), related systems and equipment offering prudent and cost-effective proposals for maintaining the same. Accesses and inputs information into a computer and generate reports.
- Adheres to all purchasing policies and controls, to include all outside contractor bids, vendors, and schedules.
- Maintains and documents effective Energy Management and Preventative Maintenance programs.
In addition to performance of the essential functions, this position may be required to perform a combination of the following supportive functions.
- Maintains appropriate supply of materials and equipment to carry out the normal day to day operating and maintenance requirements of the hotel.
- Maintains organized and efficient administrative and filling systems within Property Operations for the timely and accurate handling of correspondence, reports, requisitions for purchase and other administrative requirements of the department.
- Maintains a well-defined and organized system within the shop for inventory, maintenance and storage of all tools, products, materials and equipment necessary to execute the required activities of the department.
- Immediately available to report to the hotel in the event of any hotel emergency which necessitates the skills and expertise of the Director of Property Operations.
- Perform all duties in the area of responsibility and technical capabilities as required by management.
Frequency Key: Never – 0 hours; Rare – up to 1 hour; Occasional – 1-3 hours, Frequent – 3-6 hours; Constant – 6-8 hours
Physical Activity Frequency
Walking, climbing stairs Constant
Near Vision Constant
Far Vision Constant
Lifting/Carrying (50+ lbs.) Frequent
Specific Job Knowledge, Skill and Ability
The individual must possess the following knowledge, skills and abilities and be able to explain and demonstrate that he or she can perform the essential functions of the job, with or without reasonable accommodation.
- Excellent knowledge of electrical systems, components and devices, HVAC systems, boilers, mechanical systems and the maintenance and repair of all.
- Excellent knowledge of public construction and building systems; all related permits, licensing, new and existing codes pertaining to public building and fire safety.
- Skill in use of computers and software programs associated with Property Operations.
- Skilled in the proper and safe use of all tools, equipment, materials, chemicals and products relating to the department.
- Excellent ability to communicate in the English language, both verbally and written.
- Ability to remain informed on state-of-the are developments effecting the safe and effective operation of the building facility.
Must be able to work 5 ½ days. Monday – Friday and ½ day on Saturday.
High School graduate or equivalent required.
Minimum five years’ experience in engineering management position.
All employees must maintain a neat, clean and well-groomed appearance. Specific uniform guidelines and/or required articles of clothing will be explained to you as part of the orientation process.
Applications with additional language skills preferred.
Standing, bending, stooping, and lifting weights up to and including 50 lbs. may be required. The hospitability business functions seven (7) days a week, twenty-four hours a day. In addition, this is a hospitality business and a hospitable service atmosphere must be projected at all times.
We offer a competitive wage, Health and Dental Insurance, company paid Life Insurance, Short-Term and Long-Term Disability Insurance, Vision, Critical Illness, Accidental, 401(k), paid vacation, paid holidays, paid sick days, free hotel rooms and hotel discounts. Insurance is effective the 1st of the month after the following date of hire.