EXECUTIVE SOUS CHEF
Marriott Savannah Riverfront
Executive Sous Chef
We are looking for a professional Executive Sous Chef to be trained as an Executive Chef at one of Columbia Sussex locations. The successful candidate will need to be willing to relocate to Savannah for training then to a permanent location. The candidate should employ their culinary and managerial skills in order to play a critical role in maintaining and enhancing our customers’ satisfaction.
- Help in the preparation of all food
- Produce high quality plates both design and taste wise
- Ensure that the kitchen operates in a timely way that meets our quality standards
- Maintain labor and food cost within budgetary guidelines.
- Fill in for the Executive Chef in planning and directing food preparation when necessary
- Resourcefully solve any issues that arise and seize control of any problematic situation
- Manage and train kitchen staff, establish working schedule and assess staff’s performance
- Order supplies to stock inventory appropriately
- Comply with and enforce sanitation regulations and safety standards
- Maintain a positive and professional approach with coworkers and customers
- Must have 2 years + of working as a Sous Chef.
- Must hold “The Managers Food Safety Certificate”.
- Understanding of various cooking methods, ingredients, equipment, and procedures
- Excellent record of kitchen and staff management
- Accuracy and speed in handling emergency situations and providing solutions
- Familiar with industry’s best practices
- Working knowledge of various computer software programs (MS Office, restaurant management software, POS)
- BS degree in Culinary science or related certificate would be a plus
- This is a salaried position with excellent perks.
- Complimentary parking and a complimentary meal for all associates.
- Marriott Worldwide perks.